“New year, new you.”
We all hear this line every single January and are probably pretty sick of it by now. However, though you’ve always been and always will be yourself, there are always new opportunities for a refresh button. For some, the start of a new year is the ultimate opportunity, but for others, a new start can be as simple as the very next day.
I, like everyone else, am constantly evolving and constantly entering into stages in my life, some positive, and others negative. My goal for this year was not to change who I was, but to embrace who I am. The following list is a combination of the things that have stood out to me over the past year as the things that make me feel the most me, the things that made me feel pure joy and peace.
- Watch new movies – And make a list of every one you see
- Go for more walks – Explore, explore, explore
- Make mood playlists – You never know when a feeling will come along that only music can perfectly describe.
- Learn to love being alone – Sometimes the most peace can be felt in moments of complete solitude, when you stand on your own.
- Redecorate your space – Fall in love with where you are and let your self-expression run wild.
- Start using a planner – Break down your to-do list and feel that wonderful wave of productivity
- Make more art – Because art is for everyone and there are no rules
- Make time for yourself – You are the most important person in your world and you’ve got you for life.
- Stop holding it all in – Be honest when you need to get something off your chest
- Find a group of people who empower you – We all have the capacity to compliment one another
- Read more poetry – Just read more, in general.
- Do more yoga – Learn to appreciate your body
- Wear the clothes that you want to wear – Stop following the trends that just aren’t you. Break the boundaries and discover your confidence.
- Get up earlier – It feels like you are the only person in the world
- Make time to prepare your meals – Give your body what it needs and feel good about doing it
- Accept who you are – Because you know who you are, and if you’re not there yet, you deserve the time it takes to figure it out.
Make this year about YOU.
Here’s to 2018